Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Did I pass the test?

Ohhh folks,
I love playing find the bone, but I want your opinion after you read this. As you all very well know, we dogs have a keen nose and we can practically sniff out anything. I watched her as she got a milk bone from the box, she then hid it in an old Quaker Oats oatmeal container with the lid on; then she barked, "get it!" I look and look all over for my bone and I cannot sniff it out, after five minutes she then put a hole in the lid with a knife and again barked, "get it!"Now folks, is this fair for her to do, to keep the lid on the container and expect me to sniff it out? I have an excellent sense of smell, I am retriever for heaven's sake! Then she picks up the container and shakes it hoping that I would guess that the bone was in there; she then proceeds to walk into the living room and put the container on the floor. And so now what? Then finally she takes off the lid and puts it on the floor, and I got it.Now I ask you, was that fair? She was testing me and she told me that she was so surprised that I could not sniff out the bone, people are you surprised as well, did I pass or fail her test? I hope that she tries this again and then I will sniff it out, but I must admit that I was a little disappointed in myself and she seemed to be too. I have got to move on and wait for the next time because I usually sniff out anything.I don't know what possessed her to do it that way, that is not the usual way that we do it! She usually lets me outside and then she gets the bone and places it some where in the living room; then I come in and she does not even have to say a word, I am off and sniffing, and with the quickness I might add. Well, I will wait until the next time and then she will be so shocked. Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment